Broad Range of Services
Botswana Institute of Chartered Accountants counts among its membership resident members of the chartered and public bodies of accountants recognised under statute by the various countries including the UK, South Africa, India, Zambia, Kenya, Sri Lanka and Zimbabwe. The institute strives to ensure that its members provide a high quality of services comparable to international standards. The Institute members provide the following services; Accountancy, Taxation, Management Consultancy, Computer Consultancy, Company Secretarial, Audit, Investigations, Recruitment, Liquidation.
Any person intending to practice as a Certified Public Accountant will have to be an associate or fellow member of the Institute and must have obtained a practising certificate from the Council.
To obtain a Certified Auditing Certificate, the member
- Must have an office or place of business in Botswana.
- Must have been a member of the Institute continuously for a period of not less than 2 years.
- Before or after or partly before and partly after admission to membership of the Institute must have completed a period of not less than thirty months of approved accountancy experience under the supervision of a principal in an approved training office of a firm of public accountants.
- Must have obtained within five years preceding his application for a practising certificate, a further period, being not less than twelve months, of post qualification experience under the supervision of a principal in an approved training office of a firm of public accountants.
- Must have passed such examinations as may from time to time be prescribed by the Council.
- Must have professional indemnity insurance
To obtain a Certified Auditing Certificate, Download Application forms
The practising certificate must be renewed on an annual basis by payment of the prescribed fees.
10 March, 2017
The Joint Employers Forum The Botswana Institute of Chartered Accountants in conjunction with the Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT), the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) and the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA) hosted an Employer’s Forum on the 11th October 2019. The forum geared towards creating a clear understanding of the capabilities and competencies that each professional accounting qualification possesses, the role of professional accounting bodies and how best the employer industry can leverage on these qualifications for effectiveness in the workplace. Also, the forum gave attendants a better understanding of what professional accounting is, a clear framework for recruitment and staff training with regards to professional accounting, as well as interrogate how Government can further create an inclusive environment for professional accounting qualifications amongst others. Statistics from the Institute indicate that to date 4598 accountants have been registered. This is made up of 3215 Accounting Technicians and 1383 Professional Accountants. The BICA membership is drawn from across the different professional accountancy bodies among them being AAT, ACCA and CIMA. The forum brought together senior executives in the Human Resource, Learning & Development and Finance departments from various organizations i.e. Government, parastatals and the private sector.
10 March, 2017
PROVISION OF SATUTORY EXTERNAL AUDIT SERVICES FOR FINANCIAL YEARS 2019, 2020 AND 2021 TO BOTSWANA INSTITUTE OF CHARTERED ACCOUNTANTS.